Frequently Asked Questions
Tours are approximately 50 minutes in duration. You will spend 30 minutes in our production facility learning about our whiskey making process and 25 minutes tasting our products in our tasting room.
You must be over the age of 21 and have a valid, government issued ID to taste. Persons under the age of 21 are allowed on our non-tasting tours. Our tours that include tastings are reserved for those over the age of 21.
Families with children are welcome at the distillery. The following pertain to having children on site.
1. We offer tours that do not include tasting our products for families with children and those individuals who simply do not drink. IF you have children but would also like to taste our product, we suggest you do the non-drinking tour and take advantage of the self-guided tasting / flight.
2. Please note our distillery is a manufacturing facility and has many large pieces of equipment and other heavy items that could be harmful to children left unattended. We want your children to be safe! Please do not leave them unattended at any time while on our property.
3. Note – Due to the compact space of our porches and gift shop, we do not allow baby strollers.
We highly recommend you book your tours online and in advance. We have a “Book Now” button to make this an easier process for you. While we do take “Walk Ins” we cannot guarantee you a spot of the tour unless you have a reservation. Tour slots are first come, first serve.
Yes, we offer water, soft-drinks and mocktails.
No, under Tennessee laws, we are not licensed and cannot offer other libations outside of the expressions of whiskey Leiper’s Fork Distillery produces. In fact, outside alcohol is prohibited onsite unless a special license has been obtained. If you, have it, you will be asked to put it away or throw it out by one of our staff. Thank you for your understanding.
At this time, we do not ship our spirits directly to the consumer, however there are other ways to get bottles back home:
● You may pack distilled spirits under 140 proof (70% abv) in your checked baggage. Please ensure that the bottle is packed carefully so it doesn’t break and waste our great whiskey!
● We also have an online distributor and products may be purchased from them. To see what’s currently available please visit www.seelbachs.com
● Our whiskies are available in Nashville International Airport (BNA) at the following locations: True to Tennessee (Concourse D), District News (Concourse C), Three Casks (Concourse C). Bottles purchased at these locations can be carried on your flight.
Yes, it does require pre-planning to ensure we can accommodate groups larger than 24. We encourage you to call us at 615-465-6456 to make reservations with one of our Hospitality Ambassadors.
Our Visitor Center and Gift Shop are ADA accessible. The LFD Tour is ADA accessible.
Yes! We are dog friendly; however, we asked that you keep them in the open areas. As much as we love pets, we do not allow them in our retail cabin, the porches or our stillhouse. All pets must be on a leash. Please come prepared to clean up after your dog.
There are areas for parking RVs, large vehicles, and campers on the grounds.
You can register for a self-guided flight or simply purchase a self-guided flight upon arrival. We would love for you to come to our gift shop, no reservation is required.
You are visiting a working distillery so please wear sturdy closed-toed shoes or boots and sensible clothing – no flip-flops please!